Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Thoughts

Welllllll....Christmas really is here, just a few days or "sleeps." (the kids used to countdown that way.) Without the laughter of Jakie, it proves to be a sedate-adult kind of a day. We hope to be able to make the computer a part of our day to see him and his child-like joy. This will actually be the first Christmas of his 4 that we haven't had him here....he and ihis mom and dad of course....will be missed.

On the other hand, we are glad and grateful that we have all four of the rest of our family present in our home, it has been a blessing for us. Between the four of us, we can come up with a list of blessings that have been given to us by our Savior, whose life we celebrate at this time. As we look toward our future, we know He is with us by our sides, every step of the way. There are times when I have to remind myself of that fact, over and over. On that basis, I am grateful for the Christmas season that provides me with visual and musical reminders of that fact. I know he lives and loves us and knows we can withstand the challenges and yes, sometimes obstacles that we have before us. May we do so gracefully and full of gratitude.

1 comment:

Shumway's said...

It breaks my heart that we cannot be there. I always think that I am fine missing family until the week of (when there is truely no way to get there) and then I just feel depressed about it!! We will miss you and surely be on the web cam for most of Christmas. We love you guys. -Sarah

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed