Friday, February 13, 2009

30 years of Birthday's

30 years ago, about this time...I was really beginning to want Rick to show an interest in me...we had spent lots of time together, mostly in groups or at least a threesome of Rick, Tom and myself. Now things were taking a turn, but as my usual doubting self...I wasn't sure he even really cared about me in any long-term way. Then there was a turning point....late on Valentine's Day of 1979, Rick came to my house and gave me a birthday card, you know, one of those sappy types that you can buy at the grocery store. (My Birthday is in August) He had crossed out the word "Birthday" and written in "Valentine's" and signed his name...I don't remember the content, just the experience and to know that he was caring enough to give me a birthday-valentine. Now I know him well enough to realize that was a HUGE step for Rick and an initial committment of sorts....

30 years later, I still love his quirky little ways...he has improved in his gift selection and accolades at Valentine's, but that first Valentine's will forever be etched in my memory as the day when I knew he liked me....I won't admit how long it was before we were officially engaged!

Happy Birthday Everyone!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed