Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Perverbial "Bungee Cord"

Once again, we have experienced the opportunity to become more hopeful about Rick's treatments, the recent drug addition appeared to have drastically reduced the tumor marker...but after the second treatment, it went back up half way (so yes I am happy it isn't as high as it was, but I am left wondering if the first test was an error or just what...)

So here we are, going through some terrifically yucky side-effects from the new drug and hoping against hope that it works to some degree. We always question in the back of our minds...what would things be like if we didn't have the chemo on board...worse?? same without the side effects?? or perish the thought, better?? So many questions and not as many answers. Actually treatment is trial and error...trying everything that is supposed to work and hoping like crazy that it does. At the beginning of the week, just prior to therapy, nausea kicked in again w/some vomiting...all that doesn't make sense in the order of things...should be decreased right before treatment...but the Dr. said that "maybe that gall bladder IS causing some nausea"...ya think? We keep on plugging away and hope we are going in the right direction with everything!

Everyone has been so kind, so concerned and wanting so badly to do something to help. Honestly I don't know just what that is, but I do appreciate the offers of prayers..because honestly, faith and hope are what we have that we can be sure of. After listening to the first two sessions of conference...there are some things I need to get straightened around with "exactness" .... I am certainly not perfect and need to improve myself a lot more....the other words that sunk in with great power were "endure it well..." I keep working on that!

I love my family, and I am certainly glad that we are bound together by something greater than that bungee cord...there is only progression in store for us all...hopefully we don't fall back too much in that much more important goal of attaining eternal life..love to all.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed