Monday, July 20, 2009

Peace AND Quiet

Several times over the last few weeks people have come to visit us and had mentioned that they felt a great peace in our home. It happened again yesterday. It makes me happy that they feel that as they enter here.



Sometimes I have wondered whether My mother and Dad and Rick's Dad are near us, watching our progress from the other side of the veil. I have not had any earth-shattering experience other than I know my Mom can feel my pain. She went through a similar experience before me and her mother before her, both at younger ages with younger families than we have. I want to have them near to support and strengthen us. Their examples show us that we can pass through this experience in one piece. I have not expected any visions, or spoken words to let me know of their presence here. I don't think the Lord works that way very often....but I have come to the conclusion that the peace in our home exists because of Heavenly Father's spirit and possibly the protection our our guardian angels and maybe the angels come as those who continually serve us and love us on both sides of the veil. One more tender mercy that we have not asked for, but have been blessed with anyway.



Through priesthood blessings, Rick has been promised that he can attend to us after he reaches the other side. A blessing given to the faithful. It has been his greatest regret that he will miss important events in our lives. If he could choose his assignment in the hereafter, he might choose to work in the nursery...to hug and love any more babies before they come to our families, he has so missed the opportunity to hug and love baby Ricky, his namesake. But there may be more to do than he has time to get to....leaving us for a time with the peace that the Gospel and the Plan of Salvation brings to our family as we prove our faith.



The months ahead may prove to be quiet, and hopefully will remain peaceful. I'll be grateful for that, and hope for a glimpse of the peace eternal bonds bring.

1 comment:

mary.katherine said...

I know i've said this before, but you have a way with words. Things that I feel and cannot express--you do so elequently. [Pretty sure I used that big word right. :)] I love you mom.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed