Saturday, August 23, 2008

Good-bye to Summer, and other good-byes!

Today was my last day of freedom from the intensity of school, work and family all rolled together. Even though I had only one class this summer, I felt tied down. I expended a lot of energy to that one class...glad it's over. So I had three weeks where I had no school-work...it was great until the e-mails started coming to tell us what we needed to do before we arrive for our on-campus day on the 29th. The stress started seeping in. Today the classes are posted on-line and I was supposed to look through them all in great detail...I got about half-way through and decided that I wasn't going to do any more today...I was going to enjoy my last day and look at it again tomorrow..how's that for procrastination before I even start? So for entertainment we took Cam to Sam's club to shop for school ...protein bars...we have been shopping a little several times a week and he had it all in the garage...got loaded up by about 4 and took off for Logan....It is always hard to send him out the door to school...he is a great help to us and he even thinks we might still have some wisdom...sometimes.

So today, I said good-bye to summer and to Cam, for a while...funny how things are changing in life...pretty soon we'll be rattling around in the house by ourselves.....I'm not looking forward to that...but the good-byes are all for good reasons that will help us all grow....guess I'll have to get better at them and say hello to a new portion of living and learning.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed