Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Owie....

Talked to Jakie today, he was pretty distressed. Something about his foot and falling on the sidewalk and Mommy putting ice on it, but it hurt so he didn't want the ice etc., etc., etc.,...I proceeded in my nurse-ness and grandma-ness to say that he should let his Mommy put ice on it, it would make it feel better....NOPE..."Grandma, ONLY a band-aid makes it feel better!" I should have known...so I said, "Well, put the band-aid on, then the ice" "OKAY, Grandma!"

I thought I had a breakthrough until Rick told me that this happened days ago and he was still a drama king about anyone touching it or even removing the band-aid for a bath. I should have been giving my "it's all better now" speech!

Oh how I wish a band-aid made everything better! But, maybe I should try it just to remind me of the wisdom of a three year-old.

2 comments:

Shumway's said...

Mom, Ha, I can't belive that he was still telling about his fall! I took video of him after the fall and posted it (check it out on our blog) so that you could see how cute he was about his little "battered" leg. HE still cries about having hurt himself and thrashes like a gator when we try to take the bandaids off for baths. It is rediculous but adoreable. He's such a cute kid! I am biased but I cant help it! I love the little booger.

Kar said...

First, thank you for the comment. I didn't know you had started a blog.

Second, textbooks are ridiculously expensive. Thank goodness for sell back at the end of the semester. It helps a little.

Third, Whitney's call came on a Friday. So you may still get it this week.

Fourth, I miss seeing you too. And everyone else in Utah. And Utah.

Fifth, you can tell by my excellent grammar skills that I am not a 4.0 student like you. Congratulations.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed